Below are some pictures gathered from our very fun Chanukah Party!
Deby shared about Jesus/Yeshua, The Light of the World
In John 10:22- Yeshua (Jesus’ Hebrew name) was in Jerusalem during the Feast of Dedication (translated from the Hebrew, Chanukah). Why do the Scriptures not teach about this event? Chanukah commemorates something that happened in between the writings of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Old Testament, and the New Testament. It was about the unlikely victory of the Jewish people from 165 BCE against the Syrian Emperor, Antiochus Epiphanes, who sacrificed a pig in the Holy Temple, desecrating the Temple, and demanded that all the Jews worship his Greek god.
Chanukah is an 8-day feast where the rededication of the Temple is celebrated.
Years after the victory (referred to as the Macabbean Revolt), Yeshua recognized Chanukah as the occasion to declare Himself as the Son of God. In John 8:12, Yeshua told the scribes and Pharisees, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
Later in the same conversation with the scribes and Pharisees, there is a discussion about Abraham and in the end, Yeshua says in v. 58, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” This became a problem as the Pharisees recognized Yeshua was calling Himself God.
In John 8, while in the Temple, Yeshua declares in v. 12, “I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of light.”
It was during the Feast of Dedication, Chanukah, that Yeshua shows He is the Messiah, the Light of the world. He relates the lights of Chanukah to Himself as being the Light of the world.
Cotillion Dancers dance to a Chanukah song!
Swing Dancers dance to a Chanukah song!
Listed below are the raffle prizes that were donated and pictures of the winners:
1) Who doesn’t want to win during a game of spin the dreidel? Then how about winning A GELT OF GIFT CARDS! This gift includes a Trader Joe’s $25 card, two In-N-Out Burger cards each worth $7.85, a Starbucks $25 card, Blaze Pizza $25 card, two $10 Lucille’s BBQ cards, a Happy Nails $25 card, and an A La Minute $20 card! YUM! Won by Carolyn Dupaquier
2) PIE, ANYONE? This gift includes a total of 12 pies for a whole year! Your choice of one pie per month from one of America’s favoite restaurants, Polly’s Pies! Who doesn’t need a sweet, gourmet treat once a month? Also included is a ceramic pie serving dish, with a pumpkin pie recipe! So maybe, 13 pies? Won by Linda Gilman.
3) A DAY AT THE SALON! Join Suzy Kil at Addiction Salon in Orange for a haircut valued at $65. Plus, a bottle of Ulta Beauty Buttercream Cupcake 3-in-1 Smoothie Shower Gel, Bubble Bath, and Shampoo! Won by Pamela Sherman.
4) A DAY AT THE SALON! Join Suzy Kil at Addiction Salon in Orange for a partial highlight and haircut valued at $150. Plus, a lovely bottle of Ulta Beauty Hibiscus Punch 3-in-1 Smoothie Shower Gel, Bubble Bath, and Shampoo! Won by Dorris Lyons and Eva Valez.
5) A WORLD OF FRAGRANCE – Gift #1 donated by Catharina Baker which includes a treasure trove of multiple scents from soap to perfume! Perfect for getting compliments on new, modern, and fresh scents of the day—just for you! Won by Julia Humphrey.
6) A WORLD OF FRAGRANCE – Gift #2 donated by Catharina Baker which includes a treasure trove of multiple scents from soap to perfume! Perfect for getting compliments on new, modern, and fresh scents of the day—just for you! Won by Eva Valez.
7) Need to rest and relax this weekend? Well this prize includes a private reserve bottle of 2014 CHARDONNAY donated by the Familia Achiro Winery located in Dutch Flat, California. Plus a $25 gift card to BJ’s Restaurant and Grille located in Anaheim Hills. Won by Carolyn Dupaquier.
8) Need to rest and relax this weekend? Well this prize includes a private reserve bottle of 2013 BARBERA donated by the Familia Achiro Winery located in Dutch Flat, California. Plus a $25 giftcard to Stefano’s Restaurant located in Yorba Linda. Won by Janet Allen.
9) A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES includes 4 admission tickets and 4 complimentary bags of popcorn at Starlight Cinema City. This gift also includes gourmet popcorn, Whoppers, pretzels, and Good and Plenty candy. What a fun night out with the family! Won by John Windsor.
10) INSPIRATIONAL BIBLE QUOTE FRAME donated by Jennifer (Deby’s daughter). A Blessing for the home. Who doesn’t need a daily reminder of God’s everlasting love? Won by Julie Healis.
11) IT’S BURGER TIME!!! Enjoy FOUR $7.85 Gift Cards to IN-N-OUT!! Also included in this gift pack is some gourmet popcorn, a set of straws, and old time sodas: Orange Soda, Root Beer, Lime Rickey, and Black Cherry Cola Soda. A fun gift to share with friends and family! Won by Dana Roberts.
12) IT’S BURGER TIME!!! Enjoy FOUR $7.85 Gift Cards to IN-N-OUT!! Also included in this gift pack is some gourmet popcorn, a set of straws, and old time sodas: Root Beer, Lime Rickey, Black Cherry Cola, and Blue Cream Soda. A fun gift to share with friends and family! Won by Janet Allen.
13) IT’S PARTY TIME! This gift includes a classic glass Chanukah tray and server for all those latkes, a Chanukah ugly sweater cookie kit, a dreidel mold, and a novelty kitchen utensil. Stop schvitzing and get to work! Won by Susan Young.
14) A LITTLE BLING FOR YOUR COLLECTION! Four (4) pairs of lovely, designer earrings from the creation of Sandy Dileo. Also, one (1) cross and sterling silver prayer charm necklace and one (1) necklace with crystal beads and silver ring. This is a perfect gift for any woman going out for a night on the town! (Approx. Value $100) Won by Pamela Rohan.
15) HANUKKAH GOODIE BASKET perfect for those eight nights of lights! This basket of goodies includes one (1) men’s large T-Shirt based on 1 Corinthians 15:51, a Schmoozer mug with a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, a Tin of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix, a Chanukah Stamp Set, and themed Disney Dreidels. This’ll keep the kids entertained for a good few hours! Won by Elleke Reid-Humphreys.
16) HANUKKAH GOODIE BASKET perfect for those eight nights of lights! This basket of goodies includes one (1) men’s large T-Shirt based on 1 Corinthians 15:51, a Schmoozer mug with a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, eight (8) Star of David novelty candles, a Starbucks Via Instant Italian Roast, and four (4) Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa Mixes. Won by John Baker.
17) SHOPPING SPREE for the New Year! This gift includes a $75 Gift Certificate for ARIEL GORDON fine jewelry located in South Coast Plaza plus a collectible Disney Hanukkah pin and desk novelty. Won by Pamela Sherman.
18) Having a PARTY for the holidays? Then this beautiful SPODE “The Judaica Collection” Star of David serving dish and a keepsake Hanukkah hand towel are a must. Won by Christopher Otis.
19) CHOCOLATE FOR ALL! You’ll be the absolute bell of the ball! Or should I say, you’ll be the “sweetest” of them all!? This gift includes an old fashioned candy jar filled with classic chocolates, plus a gift certificate for 1 pound of See’s Candy. Won by Julie Healis.
20) MISCELLANEOUS GOODIES donated by Sheila Looney include a lovely blanket, a devo, a lunch pail and treats. Just right for our cold Southern California Nights! Won by Pamela Rohan.
21) A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL ARRANGEMENT FROM MOTHER EARTH FLORIST won by Janet Allen.
A very special thank you to all who donated raffle prizes and cash donations!