Important Update -- The War in Israel
God made a special promise to Israel that they can cling to in these times of war: "Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade on your right hand....The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever" (Psalm 121). Because God NEVER breaks His promises, of any kind, we know He is keeping watch over the war that is going on in Israel.
Today is Day 21 in the Israel/Palestinian war. In a nutshell here is what is going on:
- There have been several cease-fire agreements between Hamas and Israel, yet Hamas continues to rocket Israel during cease fires. The UN is asking Israel to agree to longer cease fires, but Israel is limiting any humanitarian cease fires to short periods of time since cease fires are not respected by Hamas.
- A Gallup Poll was taken on July 24, 2014, to determine "American's View of Actions in the Middle East." Following are those responses:
- 42% of Americans feel Israeli actions against Hamas are justified; 39% unjustified and 20% have no opinion
- 11% of Americans feel that Hamas' actions against Israel are justified; 70% feel they are unjustified and 20% have no opinion
- The Iron Dome continually intercepts rockets over Israel, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- There have been over 1,000 Palestinians killed in this war and 43 Israelis. God is protecting Israel, however, the world is crying out "genocide" against Israel. Israel has a right to protect itself when they are being constantly hit by Hamas rockets. Israel is focusing on destroying the cement tunnels built by Hamas that are running throughout Israel and planted with explosives.
- Israel's Health Ministry offered humanitarian aid worth millions of shekels to the Gaza Strip, but the Palestinian Authority has refused to accept it.
- There was a protest in solidarity with Gaza in Chicago, Illinois, on July 20, 2014. America is divided because many have not studied the issues carefully.
Solidarity with Gaza Rally in Chicago, Illinois
Syrian troops want to join with Palestinians in jihad war against Israel.
Hamas negotiating with Korea to obtain additional weapons to be used against Israel.
In a phone call to Prime Minister Netanyahu, President Obama stressed need for "immediate" Gaza cease-fire.
Please pray for Israel, it's leaders and their enemies--that they may seek God's face.